Azerbaijan's Aliyev wins 85 pct in presidential vote, partial count shows
BAKU Oct 9 (Reuters) - Azeri President Ilham Aliyev won nearly 85 percent of votes cast in the oil-rich former Soviet state, a partial count of ballots showed, according to the Central Election Commission.
The commission, which posted the figure on its website, did not say what percentage of the ballots had been counted.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |