Actress Hayden Panettiere, boxer Vladimir Klitschko to marry
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - American actress Hayden Panettiere and Ukrainian boxing champion Vladimir Klitschko are engaged, Panettiere announced on Wednesday.
Daytime talk show host Kelly Ripa coaxed the news out of the 24-year-old actress, star of the ABC television drama "Nashville," by commenting on a large ring on Panettiere's finger.
"I think it speaks for itself," Panettiere said on the U.S. syndicated talk show "Live with Kelly & Michael."
The actress then said "I am" when Ripa asked her directly if she was engaged. Panettiere added that a wedding date has not been set.
Panettiere's publicist later confirmed that the actress and the 37-year-old heavyweight champion boxer were engaged.
Klitschko, who won an Olympic gold medal in 1996, and Panettiere began their relationship in 2009 before breaking it off in 2011 and rekindling it again.
It will be the first marriage for both.
(Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Editing by Eric Beech)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video