Jean Coutu profit rises on gains from sale of Rite Aid stake
Oct 9 (Reuters) - Canadian pharmacy chain Jean Coutu Group Inc's quarterly profit rose more than four-fold due to a C$158.3 million ($153 million) gain from the sale of its investment in drugstore chain Rite Aid Corp.
Net profit rose to C$208.2 million, or 99 Canadian cents per share, for the three months ended Aug. 31, from C$51.2 million, or 23 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell slightly to C$653.8 million from C$658.7 million a year earlier.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data