US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Dow, S&P 500 hold gains after Fed minutes
NEW YORK Oct 9 (Reuters) - The Dow and S&P 500 held gains after the release of minutes from the last Federal Reserve meeting. The Nasdaq remained in negative territory.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 54.84 points, or 0.37 percent, at 14,831.37. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 4.34 points, or 0.26 percent, at 1,659.79. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 9.42 points, or 0.25 percent, at 3,685.41.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |