US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St rebounds, S&P, Dow hit session highs
NEW YORK Oct 9 (Reuters) - The Dow and the S&P 500 indexes turned positive, hitting session highs in afternoon trade on Wednesday, while the Nasdaq trimmed earlier losses.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 51.88 points, or 0.35 percent, at 14,828.41. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 4.43 points, or 0.27 percent, at 1,659.88. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 9.12 points, or 0.25 percent, at 3,685.71.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia