US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St rebounds, S&P, Dow hit session highs
NEW YORK Oct 9 (Reuters) - The Dow and the S&P 500 indexes turned positive, hitting session highs in afternoon trade on Wednesday, while the Nasdaq trimmed earlier losses.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 51.88 points, or 0.35 percent, at 14,828.41. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 4.43 points, or 0.27 percent, at 1,659.88. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 9.12 points, or 0.25 percent, at 3,685.71.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted