Mazda CEO says aims to sell around 500,000 Mazda3 vehicles a year
TOKYO Oct 9 (Reuters) - Mazda Motor Corp aims to sell around 500,000 redesigned Mazda3 vehicles a year around the world, Chief Executive Officer Masamichi Kogai said on Wednesday.
The compact car is the company's most popular model, last year accounting for about 30 percent of its total vehicle sales.
Mazda, which started to offer the redesigned Mazda3 in the United States last month, is offering a gas-electric hybrid model for the first time, using Toyota Motor Corp's hybrid technology, in addition to gas and diesel powertrains. (Reporting by Yoko Kubota; Editing by Paul Tait)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Microsoft leads disruption of largest infected global PC network