Aegean Airlines to acquire rival Olympic within 2 weeks-statement
ATHENS Oct 9 (Reuters) - Greece's Aegean Airlines will complete the acquisition of its loss-making rival Olympic Air within two weeks, Olympic's owner Marfin Investment Group said in a statement on Wednesday.
Aegean won European Union approval earlier on Wednesday to buy Olympic Air at the second attempt, after a new antitrust investigation found Olympic would close down if the deal was blocked. (Reporting by Angeliki Koutantou and Lefteris Papadimas; Writing by Karolina Tagaris. Editing by Jane Merriman)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |