Arizona says it executed man convicted of 1978 strangling death
PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona inmate convicted of strangling a 74-year-old man to death and fleeing in the victim's new Cadillac more than three decades ago was executed by lethal injection on Wednesday.
Edward Harold Schad, 71, was pronounced dead at 10:12 a.m. local time at the state prison in Florence, about 60 miles southeast of Phoenix, Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne said.
(Reporting by David Schwartz; Editing by Tim Gaynor and Greg McCune)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow