Arizona says it executed man convicted of 1978 strangling death
PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona inmate convicted of strangling a 74-year-old man to death and fleeing in the victim's new Cadillac more than three decades ago was executed by lethal injection on Wednesday.
Edward Harold Schad, 71, was pronounced dead at 10:12 a.m. local time at the state prison in Florence, about 60 miles southeast of Phoenix, Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne said.
- Oregon resident hospitalized for possible Ebola virus infection
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |