Arizona says it executed man convicted of 1978 strangling death
PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona inmate convicted of strangling a 74-year-old man to death and fleeing in the victim's new Cadillac more than three decades ago was executed by lethal injection on Wednesday.
Edward Harold Schad, 71, was pronounced dead at 10:12 a.m. local time at the state prison in Florence, about 60 miles southeast of Phoenix, Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne said.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand