Arizona says it executed man convicted of 1978 strangling death
PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona inmate convicted of strangling a 74-year-old man to death and fleeing in the victim's new Cadillac more than three decades ago was executed by lethal injection on Wednesday.
Edward Harold Schad, 71, was pronounced dead at 10:12 a.m. local time at the state prison in Florence, about 60 miles southeast of Phoenix, Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne said.
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |