Richemont says Net-a-Porter unit is not for sale
ZURICH Oct 10 (Reuters) - Richemont SA on Thursday said its online fashion retail unit Net-a-Porter was not for sale.
"Richemont has a long-standing policy of not commenting on market rumours. Exceptionally in this case, Richemont wishes to make it clear that The Net-A-Porter Group is not for sale," the company said in a statement.
On Wednesday Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore reported that Net-a-Porter had held talks with rival Italian retailer Yoox .
Yoox on Wednesday denied it was in talks with Swiss luxury goods group Richemont over a possible all-paper merger with competitor Net-a-Porter. (Reporting by Edward Taylor; Editing by Mark Potter)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |