Canada's Rogers Communications suffers countrywide wireless outage
Oct 9 (Reuters) - Rogers Communications Inc, Canada's largest wireless phone company, said it is experiencing a wireless outage affecting voice and some messaging services across the country.
Rogers, also a major cable-TV operator, said data services are not affected. The company said it is investigating the root cause of the outage and that services are gradually resuming.
"We are still experiencing service interruptions in some areas and we encourage customers to use a wireline telephone if they need to reach emergency services," Rogers said.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM