SINGAPORE PRESS-Singapore IPO market raises $1.7 bln in Q3 - Business Times
SINGAPORE Oct 10 (Reuters) - Singapore has had a "good quarter" in terms of new listings from July to September even as regional worries over the U.S. Federal Reserve's tapering of its monetary stimulus sparked market volatility in emerging Asia, the Business Times reported.
The $1.7 billion proceeds raised in Singapore from initial public offerings (IPOs) in the third quarter were the second highest globally after the United States, Simon Lim, Singapore Exchange's head of listings for South-east Asia, told a conference. This is 39 per cent jump from the preceding quarter.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Reporting by Anshuman Daga; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |