SINGAPORE PRESS-SingTel fire disrupts services islandwide - Straits Times
SINGAPORE Oct 10 (Reuters) - A fire yesterday afternoon at a major SingTel building that houses key Internet equipment brought down banking, telecommunications and even betting services in many parts of Singapore for hours, the Straits Times reported.
SingTel said in a statement later that a fire which started at 2 p.m. at its Bukit Panjang Internet exchange damaged 33 fibre optic cables.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Reporting by Rachel Armstrong; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image