SINGAPORE PRESS-SingTel fire disrupts services islandwide - Straits Times
SINGAPORE Oct 10 (Reuters) - A fire yesterday afternoon at a major SingTel building that houses key Internet equipment brought down banking, telecommunications and even betting services in many parts of Singapore for hours, the Straits Times reported.
SingTel said in a statement later that a fire which started at 2 p.m. at its Bukit Panjang Internet exchange damaged 33 fibre optic cables.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Reporting by Rachel Armstrong; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- War veteran detained by North Korea arrives in U.S. |
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge