Vivendi to finalize Activision sale around October 15
PARIS (Reuters) - Vivendi (VIV.PA) said it expected to finalize the disposal of most of its stake in video games group Activision Blizzard Inc (ATVI.O) in the coming days after the Delaware Supreme Court swept aside a lower court order blocking the $8.2 billion deal.
"Vivendi announced today that it expects to complete the sale of the majority of its interest in Activision Blizzard on or about October 15," Vivendi said in a statement on Thursday.
"This announcement was made after the Delaware Supreme Court lifted a preliminary injunction previously imposed on this transaction."
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |