Richemont says Net-a-Porter unit is not for sale
ZURICH (Reuters) - Richemont SA on Thursday said its online fashion retail unit Net-a-Porter was not for sale.
"Richemont has a long-standing policy of not commenting on market rumors. Exceptionally in this case, Richemont wishes to make it clear that The Net-A-Porter Group is not for sale," the company said in a statement.
On Wednesday Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore reported that Net-a-Porter had held talks with rival Italian retailer Yoox.
Yoox on Wednesday denied it was in talks with Swiss luxury goods group Richemont over a possible all-paper merger with competitor Net-a-Porter.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
Revered by millions as a beacon of hope against oppression and as an archetype of reconciliation, Nelson Mandela leaves behind a grieving nation. Video