Canada's Rogers Communications restores services following outage
(Reuters) - Rogers Communications Inc, Canada's largest wireless phone company, said it restored all wireless voice services and some messaging capabilities after it experienced an outage across the country.
Rogers, also a major cable-TV operator, said data services were not affected.
"We worked as quickly as possible to restore service and it was gradually restored over the course of the evening," Chief Executive Nadir Mohamed said in a statement early on Thursday.
The company said it is investigating the root cause of the outage and that services are gradually resuming.
(Reporting by Sakthi Prasad in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea