Canada's Rogers Communications restores services following outage
(Reuters) - Rogers Communications Inc, Canada's largest wireless phone company, said it restored all wireless voice services and some messaging capabilities after it experienced an outage across the country.
Rogers, also a major cable-TV operator, said data services were not affected.
"We worked as quickly as possible to restore service and it was gradually restored over the course of the evening," Chief Executive Nadir Mohamed said in a statement early on Thursday.
The company said it is investigating the root cause of the outage and that services are gradually resuming.
(Reporting by Sakthi Prasad in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |