House Republicans, White House talk on temporary debt limit
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Republican leaders were negotiating with the White House on Thursday evening over the length of a temporary increase in the debt limit as well as over funding to reopen the federal government, a senior House Republican aide said.
House leaders were huddled in House Speaker John Boehner's office after presenting their plan for a short-term hike in the debt limit to avoid a potential default to President Barack Obama.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics