U.S. House Republicans, White House talk on temporary debt limit
WASHINGTON Oct 10 (Reuters) - U.S. House Republican leaders were negotiating with the White House on Thursday evening over the length of a temporary increase in the debt limit as well as over funding to reopen the federal government, a senior House Republican aide said.
House leaders were huddled in House Speaker John Boehner's office after presenting their plan for a short-term hike in the debt limit to avoid a potential default to President Barack Obama.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai