FERC sues Barclays in U.S. court over power market manipulation
Oct 10 (Reuters) - U.S. federal energy regulators said on Thursday they filed suit in federal court in California against British bank Barclays Plc to recover $435 million in civil penalties for alleged power market manipulation.
The U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) said it is seeking an order from the court affirming FERC's July 16 order assessing civil penalties against the bank and four of its traders.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev