U.S. EIA to cease publishing data due to government shutdown
NEW YORK Oct 11 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Information Administration on Friday said it will not publish its weekly inventory and other data after today due to funding issues related to the government shutdown.
EIA said it will cease operations and furlough staff at the end of the day.
The agency told energy companies to continue submitting their data to the EIA. The information will be processed after the furlough period is over, it said.
(Reporting by Selam Gebrekidan; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square