U.S. opens criminal probe into possible currency market rigging -Bloomberg
LONDON Oct 11 (Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Justice has begun a criminal investigation into possible manipulation of the foreign exchange market, Bloomberg reported on Friday, citing a person familiar with the matter.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is in the early stages of the probe into the currency market, Bloomberg said.
The source did not specify which banks may be under scrutiny, it added.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets