JPMorgan posts third-quarter loss as legal expenses jump
Oct 11 (Reuters) - JPMorgan Chase & Co reported a loss in the third quarter as the biggest U.S. bank by assets recorded additional expenses for lawsuits and government investigations.
The bank posted a loss of $380 million, or 17 cents per share, compared with net income of $5.71 billion, or $1.40 per share, a year earlier.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter