Mexico IPC gains more than 1 pct on America Movil gains
MEXICO CITY Oct 11 (Reuters) - Mexican stocks rose more than 1 percent on Friday as shares of billionaire Carlos Slim's America Movil phone company gained by more than 2 percent.
The IPC stock index was up 1.04 percent at 40,909.93 points in early trading.
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |