White House says no deal yet on debt ceiling, reopening government
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House said on Friday there is no deal yet with congressional Republicans on raising the debt ceiling and reopening the government, although talks have been constructive and lawmakers have said defaulting on the debt is not an option.
"We're obviously in a better place than we were a few days ago," White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters. "But there's not an agreement."
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source