Detroit says gets $350 mln financing commitment from Barclays
Oct 11 (Reuters) - Barclays will provide cash-strapped Detroit with up to $350 million in debtor in possession financing in the wake of its municipal bankruptcy filing in July, Detroit's top official said on Friday.
Kevyn Orr, the city's state-appointed emergency manager, said the proceeds will be used to make infrastructure investments and will allow Detroit to terminate interest-rate swap agreements at a discount estimated to be more than $60 million.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ