ECB's Praet: euro zone price pressures are weak
WASHINGTON Oct 11 (Reuters) - The European Central Bank will monitor the impact on the outlook for inflation if the euro zone economy picks up steam, but at the moment there is no sign of pressure building.
"What we see is the price pressures...are weak...extending into the medium term," ECB Executive Board member Peter Praet told a meeting of bankers on Friday on the sidelines of the annual meeting of the IMF and World Bank.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |