ECB's Praet: euro zone price pressures are weak
WASHINGTON Oct 11 (Reuters) - The European Central Bank will monitor the impact on the outlook for inflation if the euro zone economy picks up steam, but at the moment there is no sign of pressure building.
"What we see is the price pressures...are weak...extending into the medium term," ECB Executive Board member Peter Praet told a meeting of bankers on Friday on the sidelines of the annual meeting of the IMF and World Bank.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |