Fed will try to be "as clear as possible" on policy -Powell
WASHINGTON Oct 11 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve is well aware that its actions have an impact well beyond the borders of the United States, a senior U.S. central banker said on Friday, but its aggressive policy actions to spur domestic growth will have global benefits.
"The burden is on us to be as clear as possible about our plans going forward so we can decrease volatility," said Fed Governor Jerome Powell during a discussion on a panel which included a senior Asian emerging market central bank boss.
"We're trying to increase demand...that will benefit all economies around the world," he said.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |