White House says no deal yet on debt ceiling, reopening government
WASHINGTON Oct 11 (Reuters) - The White House said on Friday there is no deal yet with congressional Republicans on raising the debt ceiling and reopening the government, although talks have been constructive and lawmakers have said defaulting on the debt is not an option.
"We're obviously in a better place than we were a few days ago," White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters. "But there's not an agreement."
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order