Venezuela to hold $100 mln currency auctions each week -Ramirez
CARACAS Oct 11 (Reuters) - Venezuela will auction $100 million at weekly central bank auctions through a complementary foreign exchange system aimed at easing access to hard currency for local businesses, a top government official said on Friday.
Petroleum Minister Rafael Ramirez, who was also named as vice president for the economy earlier this month, said the new, more-regular auctions of the Sicad exchange mechanism would begin next Wednesday and be held every week thereafter.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets