Wells Fargo profit rises 13 pct after reserve release
Oct 11 (Reuters) - Wells Fargo & Co, the biggest U.S. mortgage lender, reported a 13 percent rise in third-quarter profit after reducing the amount it had previously set aside for bad loans.
Net income applicable to common shareholders rose to $5.32 billion, or 99 cents per share, from $4.72 billion, or 88 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry