Wells Fargo profit rises 13 pct after reserve release
Oct 11 (Reuters) - Wells Fargo & Co, the biggest U.S. mortgage lender, reported a 13 percent rise in third-quarter profit after reducing the amount it had previously set aside for bad loans.
Net income applicable to common shareholders rose to $5.32 billion, or 99 cents per share, from $4.72 billion, or 88 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter