Wells Fargo profit rises 13 pct after reserve release
Oct 11 (Reuters) - Wells Fargo & Co, the biggest U.S. mortgage lender, reported a 13 percent rise in third-quarter profit after reducing the amount it had previously set aside for bad loans.
Net income applicable to common shareholders rose to $5.32 billion, or 99 cents per share, from $4.72 billion, or 88 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap