Spain's Ezentis wins $100 mln Telefonica contract
MADRID Oct 14 (Reuters) - Spain's loss-making telecoms and technology group Ezentis, which is focused on Latin American markets, said on Monday its Chilean subsidiary had won a $100 million fibre optic contract from Telefonica.
Under the deal, Ezentis will develop and maintain copper and fibre optical fixed telephone lines as well as handle Telefonica Chile's customer service for telecoms, broadband and pay television, the firm said in a note to the Spanish stock exchange regulator.
Ezentis operates in several Latin American countries, including Chile and Panama and has won contracts in Peru and Argentina. Last year, the group had to refinance its debt to help to turn its business around.
(Reporting By Sarah Morris. Editing by Jane Merriman)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food