Merkel, left agree to third round of exploratory coalition talks
BERLIN Oct 15 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives and the Social Democrats (SPD) have agreed to hold a third round of talks on Thursday to explore the possibility of forming a coalition government, party sources told Reuters.
Merkel needs to find a partner for her third term after she won September's election but fell short of an absolute majority. She meets the Greens for a second round of talks on Tuesday but is more likely to team up with the SPD, who came second.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'