US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends volatile session with modest gains
NEW YORK Oct 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended a volatile session with slight gains on Monday as investors bet that there would soon be a deal in Washington to increase the debt limit, though there were no obvious signs of progress.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 63.90 points, or 0.42 percent, at 15,301.01. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 7.03 points, or 0.41 percent, at 1,710.23. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 23.40 points, or 0.62 percent, at 3,815.28.
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |