Finland's Tieto to cut up to 770 jobs
HELSINKI Oct 14 (Reuters) - Finnish IT services provider Tieto said it plans to cut as many as 770 jobs to help it save more than 50 million euros ($68 million) a year and offset a fall in technology spending in the telecoms sector.
Tieto, which competes with bigger technology services firms such as IBM and Accenture, said it plans to book about 45 million euros in restructuring costs this year. It had forecast such costs at about half of the 57 million it booked in 2012.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin