Burberry names Bailey CEO as Ahrendts leaves for Apple
LONDON Oct 15 (Reuters) - Burberry Group said its chief creative officer Christopher Bailey would become its chief executive, following the departure of its long-standing chief Angela Ahrendts to Apple.
The company said that Ahrendts would step down by mid-2014 after which Bailey would be appointed to the dual role. He will also be joining the board in due course, the company said.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |