Greenlight Capital up 4.3 percent in third quarter - letter
NEW YORK Oct 15 (Reuters) - The Greenlight Capital funds, run by hedge fund manager David Einhorn, returned 4.3 percent in the third quarter of 2013, bringing the funds' year-to-date net return to 11.8 percent, according to a letter to investors seen by Reuters.
The firm added to its short bet against Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, the letter released Tuesday said. Green Mountain shares were down 4.8 percent at $65.63 in afternoon trading Tuesday.
The letter said that "virtually every long position" that the firm had was profitable in the third quarter, and that it added a "medium-sized long position" in Osram Licht AG .
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea