Greenlight Capital up 4.3 percent in third quarter - letter
NEW YORK Oct 15 (Reuters) - The Greenlight Capital funds, run by hedge fund manager David Einhorn, returned 4.3 percent in the third quarter of 2013, bringing the funds' year-to-date net return to 11.8 percent, according to a letter to investors seen by Reuters.
The firm added to its short bet against Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, the letter released Tuesday said. Green Mountain shares were down 4.8 percent at $65.63 in afternoon trading Tuesday.
The letter said that "virtually every long position" that the firm had was profitable in the third quarter, and that it added a "medium-sized long position" in Osram Licht AG .
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel