Greenlight Capital up 4.3 percent in third quarter - letter
NEW YORK Oct 15 (Reuters) - The Greenlight Capital funds, run by hedge fund manager David Einhorn, returned 4.3 percent in the third quarter of 2013, bringing the funds' year-to-date net return to 11.8 percent, according to a letter to investors seen by Reuters.
The firm added to its short bet against Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, the letter released Tuesday said. Green Mountain shares were down 4.8 percent at $65.63 in afternoon trading Tuesday.
The letter said that "virtually every long position" that the firm had was profitable in the third quarter, and that it added a "medium-sized long position" in Osram Licht AG .
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion