Dollar hits 1-mth high vs Swiss franc on US deal expectations
LONDON Oct 15 (Reuters) - The dollar rose to a one-month high against the Swiss franc on Tuesday as optimism that a deal to avert U.S. debt default would soon be reached dimmed appetite for safe-haven currencies.
The dollar rose to 0.91455 francs, its highest level since September 18, and up 0.4 percent on the day.
The dollar index was up 0.33 percent at 80.534.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks