US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Stalled Washington talks weigh on Wall Street
NEW YORK Oct 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell on Tuesday in a volatile session as negotiations stalled in Congress to reopen the government and raise the U.S. borrowing limit ahead of a Thursday deadline.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 134.79 points or 0.88 percent, to 15,166.47, the S&P 500 lost 12.06 points or 0.71 percent, to 1,698.08 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 21.264 points or 0.56 percent, to 3,794.01.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data