Puerto Rico says will do everything to honor debt commitments
NEW YORK Oct 15 (Reuters) - Puerto Rico will do everything necessary to honor all its debt commitments, Governor Alejandro Garcia Padilla said in a conference call with investors on Tuesday.
Padilla said that meeting Puerto Rico's debt obligations was a "moral" responsibility, and he stressed that Puerto Rico's constitution guaranteed bond hold payments before other government obligations.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans