U.S. House panel postpones hearing on fiscal bill
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A key panel that was scheduled to debate a U.S. House of Representatives bill to temporarily raise the debt limit and fund federal agencies has postponed its meeting, according to a committee aide.
The panel is normally the last step before legislation is sent to the House floor for debate and passage.
It was not clear when the panel would reschedule the hearing or why it was postponed.
(Reporting By Amanda Becker; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |