Obama to meet with Treasury Secretary Lew on Wednesday
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will meet Treasury Secretary Jack Lew at the White House on Wednesday, the White House said, as the clock ticked down to a debt deadline with no clear solution in sight.
Lew is due to meet with the president at 2:25 p.m.. Lew has said the United States will run out of borrowing authority on Thursday, leading to a debt default, if Congress does not raise the $16.7 trillion U.S. debt limit.
(Reporting By Mark Felsenthal; Editing by David Brunnstrom)
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more