U.S. House panel postpones hearing on fiscal bill
WASHINGTON Oct 15 (Reuters) - A key panel that was scheduled to debate a U.S. House of Representatives bill to temporarily raise the debt limit and fund federal agencies has postponed its meeting, according to a committee aide.
The panel is normally the last step before legislation is sent to the House floor for debate and passage.
It was not clear when the panel would reschedule the hearing or why it was postponed.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'