U.S. House panel postpones hearing on fiscal bill
WASHINGTON Oct 15 (Reuters) - A key panel that was scheduled to debate a U.S. House of Representatives bill to temporarily raise the debt limit and fund federal agencies has postponed its meeting, according to a committee aide.
The panel is normally the last step before legislation is sent to the House floor for debate and passage.
It was not clear when the panel would reschedule the hearing or why it was postponed.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South