REFILE-Bank of America posts profit as loan-loss provisions drop
(Changes day to Wednesday from Tuesday)
Oct 16 (Reuters) - Bank of America Corp reported a third-quarter profit of $2.22 billion attributable to common stockholders, compared with a loss a year earlier, as provisions for credit losses fell.
The second-largest bank said on Wednesday it earned 20 cents per share in the three months to Sept. 30.
In the year-earlier quarter, the bank recorded a net loss of $33 million attributable to shareholders due to accounting adjustments, litigation expenses and tax charges.
(Reporting by Anil D'Silva in Bangalore and Peter Rudegeair in New York; Editing by Ted Kerr)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |