End of U.S. debt ceiling impasse would be a relief -Brazil
BRASILIA Oct 16 (Reuters) - Brazilian Finance Minister Guido Mantega said on Wednesday that an end to the political impasse in Washington to raise the U.S. borrowing limits would be a relief for the world economy.
The risk of a debt default in the United States stemming from politicians' failure to raise the country's debt ceiling has threatened to throw a wrench into the recovery of the world economy.
The U.S. Senate is expected to vote later on Wednesday on legislation to increase the U.S. borrowing limit.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai