EBay profit rises but outlook disappoints
Oct 16 (Reuters) - EBay Inc reported a higher third-quarter profit on Wednesday as more transactions were paid for with its PayPal service, but the e-commerce company gave a disappointing sales forecast for the holiday season.
EBay expects revenue of between $4.5 billion and $4.6 billion for the quarter ending Dec. 31, compared with the $4.64 billion estimated by analysts, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net income for the third quarter was $689 million, or 53 cents a share, up from $597 million, or 45 cents a share, a year earlier. Revenue rose 14.3 percent to $3.89 billion.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'