TABLE-Japan's new coal-fired power plant pipeline
Oct 16 (Reuters) - The following is a list of coal-fired power generation units that Japan's regional utilities and biggest wholesale power supplier plan to start commercially operating in the coming years. Company Unit MW Ops start Tepco Hitachinaka No.2 1,000 Dec-13 Tepco Hirono No.6 600 Dec-13 Tepco, Chubu Hitachinaka 600 2020/21 Nippon Steel, J-Power Kashima 600 2020/21 J-Power Takehara New No.1 600 2020/21 Kyushu Matsuura No.2 1,000 from 2023/24 Chugoku Misumi No.2 400 from 2027/28 Tohoku Noshiro No.3 600 from 2028/29 Total 8 units 5,400 Source: the trade ministry, regional utilities, Electric Power Development (J-Power)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Millions of Target shoppers face new debit card limits |